Everything You Wanted to Know About How to Sing Better Instantly and Were Afraid To Ask
When learning singing whether it is a song or an aria there are different methods that you can use that will teach you how to sing better instantly.
Remember that your vocal chords are muscle and as with any muscle in the human body it grows stronger with exercise.
[WATCH THIS] Amazing song ONE LEVEL by 13 Year Old Samantha Brennan
They have no experience in marathon running and therefore will not be able to complete the race before their muscles give in and start cramping.
The same principle can be applied to your voice. You do not wake up one morning and decide you are going to sing an entire Wagner opera or a West Side musical.
Your voice needs time to develop and build up the stamina that is necessary to do what you require. There are a few ways however that you can use to improve your singing immediately.
The basis of good singing is breathing. If you cannot control your breath then there is no way that you can control the sound that you make when you sing.
If you want to sing better, you have to think of your voice resting and being supported by a cushion of air.
As long as that cushion of support is there you will be able to do consistently produce a good sound. The basis of singing other than support, is articulation.
The purpose of doing exercises is that every time you sing a specific note or vowel is to consistently produce that same sound when you sing that note.
To enable this to take place there are a few things that you can do to immediately improve the quality of sound that you produce:
1. Do breathing exercises. Make sure that when you breathe, there is no lifting of the shoulders. If the shoulders are lifted there is a tensing of muscles and will constrain your breathing.
2. When breathing in, expand your rib cage to enable you to take in more air.
3. To ensure that you are breathing correctly, practice breathing in with both hands positioned on your lower back just above the hips.
If you breathe in and there is an expansion of the lower back muscles as well as the lower abdominal muscle, your support will then be in the correct position.
Another method of making sure that your support is in the correct place without using your hands is to make use of a belt so that you can get use the feeling of breathing that low down in your body.
The next step is to practice articulating properly. The following is a few tips to help you:
1. Practice using the Italian vowel “a”.
2. Do scales with this vowel and ensure that your jaw and tongue is completely relaxed.
3. When your support is in the proper place the tongue will automatically adjust as you go higher in the scale. This is one of the key methods in how to sing better instantly.
If you practice these exercises everyday you will build the stamina necessary to ensure long vocal health. When you breathe properly and support correctly, this is your key to singing better instantly.